Friday, October 14, 2011

A lit'l rice will do ya good

I was taking pictures of some food I made on my birthday, hoping to turn out a post on good eats...


Olive Tapenade with tofu, suprisingly good.

Then I dropped my camera, into the food -- oily, salty, saucey tapenade! My appetite came to a screeching halt and the fear of ruining a pretty new camera filled my throat, about to burst into something almost as salty and watery as my food.

After my best cleaning efforts, the camera was casting a "permanent" shadow in each shot.

RICE! What a brilliant last resort. It worked for my phone that was dropped into a puddle of water, why not this?!

I took out all the components and prayed that bag of rice will miraculously soak up all the grease and liquid from the camera...

It did! Literally overnight, the camera started taking clear shots like this one! My little heroes in a bag!
               A week later, that poor camera probably came in contact with some salty ocean mist.
At least the purple tint is artistic...

Guess where the camera is sleeping tonight? You've got it, in a bag of rice. Night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment